Ingestion Dose Calculator
HOW TO USE THE INGESTION DOSE CALCULATOR
Select a location to start calculating your ingestion-based gamma dose. To calculate your dose, you will need to
- Select the location you have visited or plan to visit.
- On the map, click the top left and bottom right corners of the specific area you visited or plan to visit.
- Click Draw.
- If the area highlighted on the map is not accurate, click Clear and repeat steps 1-4.
- If the highlighted area does not include at least one data point, you will need to redraw it.
- Once the highlighted area accurately reflects your visit, click Submit.
- Enter the date(s) you spent or plan to spend in the area.
- Enter your ingestion dose type and the number of servings of affected foods that you consumed.
- Click Submit.
You can select multiple areas on multiple islands. Your calculated dose for each area will be stored until your session ends.
|ID||Island||Atoll||Date||Total Daily Servings||Avg. Effective Dose||Dose Type||Food|
ABOUT INGESTION DOSE DATA
Internal dose estimates are based on ingestion of cesium-137 contained in locally grown food such as coconut, Pandanus fruit, breadfruit, and coconut crabs. As new survey data becomes available, future updates of this web site will include dose predictions for the marine pathway and incorporate doses from ingestion of other radionuclides such as strontium-90 and plutonium.